On Saturday April 23, Will Young threw out the ceremonial first pitch. Will is the actor who plays the role of Ernie Harwell in Mitch Albom’s new play, “Ernie”. The play is set on Ernie Harwell’s last night at Comerica Park when the Hall of Fame broadcaster addressed Tigers fans for the last time. “Ernie” is scheduled to open on Thursday, April 28 at the City Theatre in Detroit.
To see Ernie Harwell’s farewell speech to Tigers fans, click the link below:
” A Life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives.” – Jackie Robinson
The Easter Bunny is in town and he is hopping around Comerica Park! Can you figure out where he is at in the ballpark?
Join us this Sunday for a day of Easter fun at Comerica Park as the Tigers host the Chicago White Sox at 1:05 p.m. This Sunday will feature a special Easter Egg Hunt for young Tigers fans.The Easter Bunny will be hop, hop, hopping around Comerica Park in celebration of Easter Sunday! From 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., mini-Tigers fans are encouraged to walk around the Main Concourse, 200-level and 300-level to find the Easter bunny. He’ll have special treats for all kids and will take time for a picture, so have your cameras ready!
Can you get any of the answers to Opening Day Trivia Correct? Put your knowledge to the test!!
1) When was the first Opening Day for the Detroit Tigers?
2) Who was the first Opening Day game played against?
Answer: The Milwaukee Brewers
3) Did the Tigers win or lose their first opening day game?
4) What was the score of the first Opening Day game?
*Also the highest scoring Opening Day game in Tigers History
5) When was the earliest Opening Day held for the Tigers?
Answer: March 31, 2003 vs. The Minnesota Twins and March 31, 2008 vs. The Kansas City Royals.
6) When was the latest Opening Day held?
Answer: April 26, 1995 @CAL – road
May 5,1995 – home vs. Cleveland
7) What pitcher has the most Opening day starts in Tigers history?
Answer: Jack Moris, 11 consecutive starts from 1980-1990
8) What Opening Day Anniversary are we celebrating this year?
Answer: Opening Day #111
The Detroit Tigers front office is buzzing while Opening Day is hours just hours away! The city is ready for spring and the fans are ready for baseball.
Opening Day has long been a tradition in the city of Detroit. The franchise is over 100 years old and one of the charter members of the America League. Generations of Tigers fans have enjoyed the festivities that surround Opening Day for many years. Whether it’s your first time out or an annual tradition, Opening Day is always a celebration!
If this years Opening Day game is your first, here are a few tips to help you make the most of your experience.
- Arrive early
- Have parking options planned out ahead of time
- Be aware of street closures
- Access to an ATM may be limited and be mindful that not everyone will accept credit cards
- Dress for Michigan weather, layers are always a good thing
- Pack sun screen (The sun can give you an unexpected burn even it its cold out)
- Remember your Tickets!
- If you don’t have a ticket there are plenty of festivities going on around the park for you to enjoy
Show us how you are celebrating Opening day and send us your pictures! You could see them posted on Tigers.com!! Have fun be safe and Go Tigers!!
Send photos to :