Homestand Highlights (7/18 – 7/19)
The #Tigers capped off the first half of the season by winning nine of their last 12 games before the All-Star Break. Four Tigers were named to the roster for the 85th Major League Baseball All-Star Game in Minneapolis this year. Miguel Cabrera, Victor Martinez, Max Scherzer and Ian Kinsler made the trip for the Tigers. The second half of the season kicks off with four games in three days at Comerica Park this weekend against the Cleveland Indians.
7/18 – INDIANS v. TIGERS at 7:08 PM ET
- Motown Night: The Tigers will celebrate the music that put Detroit on the map with Motown Night. Enjoy live music from renowned Detroit-based R&B group Serieux, The Reflections and Motor City Soul as the Tigers pay tribute to the timeless Motown sound. All in-game music, and the post-game fireworks show will feature all of the classics of Motown. As a part of Motown Night, legendary Motown Group The Four Tops will perform the national anthem and Duke Fakir of the group will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
- Game Ball Delivery: Today’s game ball will be delivered by First Sergeant Ryan Roush of the United States Marine Corps from Republic, Ohio.
- Friday Night Fireworks with a special Motown theme, presented by Pepsi (weather permitting).
7/19 – INDIANS v. TIGERS – GAME ONE at 1:08 PM ET
- This afternoon’s game is a makeup from the game on April 15 that was cancelled due to rain. All tickets from the April 15 game will be honored. No ticket exchange is necessary
- Jackie Robinson Most Valuable Diverse Business Partner Award: In 1998, Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig, authorized the creation of the Diverse Business Partners program, an economically driven business initiative established to cultivate new and existing partnerships with minority- and women-owned businesses, by increasing opportunities for minorities and women to participate in the procurement activities of Major League Baseball. Brandon J. Bordeaux, Chairman and COO of Caravan Facilities Management, LLC is presented the Jackie Robinson Most Valuable Diverse Business Partner award (MVDBP) during a special pre-game on-field ceremony.
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation: The Tigers will host the 12th annual Children’s Health Day in partnership with the Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation, a Detroit based organization that supports the healthcare needs of all children in Michigan by raising philanthropic funds for childhood disease research, the prevention of injuries and community outreach programs in southeast Michigan.
- The national anthem will be performed by Christina Chriss, lead singer of the band Kaleido. Kaleido was named the 2013 Best Band in Detroit by Real Detroit Weekly. Kaleido recently released their second studio album entitled, “Unbreakable.”
7/19 – INDIANS v. TIGERS – GAME TWO at 7:08 PM ET
- Tonight’s game ball will be delivered by Sergeant Andrew McCarthy of the United States Army from Flint, Michigan.
- The national anthem will be performed by the Saline Summer Band.
- Following the game there will be Saturday Night Fireworks, presented by Pepsi (weather permitting).
- MLB AT the Ballpark Check-In Experiences: One lucky fan that checks in at Comerica Park with the MLB at the Ballpark app will have the opportunity to watch postgame fireworks from the visitor’s dugout. Fans may check in beginning four hours prior to game time.
7/20 – INDIANS v. TIGERS at 1:08 PM ET
- All kids 14-and-under will receive an Anibal Sanchez poster, courtesy of Meijer.
- The national anthem will be performed by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra’s Civic Jazz Orchestra. Kris Johnson, conductor of the Civic Jazz Orchestra will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
- PAWS For Applause: The PAWS for Applause program is a partnership between the Detroit Tigers and the Observer & Eccentric Newspapers. It’s a campaign that celebrates youth who volunteer their time and resources to make the community better. During the 2014 Tigers season, fans have the opportunity to submit an essay to the O&E Newspapers to nominate a young person in their community for doing something to make their community better. Today’s winner is 10-year-old Andrew Lithgow of Livonia, Michigan.
- All Sunday home games are Kids Days at Comerica Park. All kids 14-and-younger will receive a free promotional item as part of the “Every Kid, Every Sunday” giveaway guarantee, can enjoy free rides courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, can take part in free face painting, have the chance to win a Fisher Price mini-Corvette and are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases courtesy of Aquafina following the game, weather permitting.
- Bicycle to the Ballpark: The Tigers are offering a special ticket package to our cycling friends. A limited number of tickets are available that include a secure bicycle valet and a Detroit Tigers “Bicycle to the Ballpark” water bottle.
UPCOMING SPECIAL TICKET PACKAGES:
DYNAMIC DEALS ALL SUMMER:
New for 2014, the Tigers are offering “Dynamic Deals” for select games this summer. Fans can enjoy discounts on tickets to see the Tigers battle their AL Central Division rivals at home. Get more information at tigers.com/tickets