Homestand Highlights (7/29 – 8/3)
After seven games on the west coast, the #Tigers return to Comerica Park next week for a six-game homestand against the Chicago White Sox and Colorado Rockies.
7/29 – WHITE SOX v. TIGERS – at 7:08 PM ET
- Christmas in July: Why wait until December to celebrate the holiday season? Santa Claus will pose for pictures with fans and participate in the “Prance Around the Park” pre-game on-field parade featuring 400 Salvation Army Day Campers, the Detroit Tigers Kids Club Grand Marshall and a dance performance by the elves from Deborah’s Stage Door Dancers. Musical entertainment for the special occasion includes Christmas music through
out the ballpark. Salvation Army Red Kettles will be located at all entrances to the ballpark so fans can help celebrate the season of giving.
- Detroit native and nine time GRAMMY winner Jack White will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
- Gloves for Kids Autograph Signing: Tigers catcher Bryan Holaday will be appearing at the ABC Warehouse in Southgate from 12:00-1:00 p.m. as part of the Gloves for Kids program. During each visit, a Tigers player signs a collectible poster for the fans in attendance. In addition, free Little Caesars pizza and soft drinks will be served. The ABC Warehouse appearances are to promote the Gloves for Kids “Weekend of Giving” September 5-7, 2014 at Comerica Park when CBS Radio stations and the Tigers will be collecting equipment outside the main gate. Gloves for Kids is a program designed to provide Detroit’s youth the sporting equipment necessary to participate in organized baseball and softball.
- Game Ball Delivery: The game ball will be delivered by Sergeant Dale Gage of the United States Army from Flint, Michigan.
- The national anthem will be performed by Lisa Page Brooks.
7/30 – WHITE SOX v. TIGERS – at 7:08 PM ET
- Justin Verlander and Detroit Tigers Host Johnny Agar: During the 2014 Tigers Winter Caravan, many Tigers players met an inspirational young man, Johnny Agar of Rockford, Michigan, who was born with cerebral palsy. Son of former Tigers prospect Jeff Agar, Johnny harbors a competitive spirit akin to his father. The father-son team has competed in many races, with Jeff pushing Johnny in a jogger. It was his competitive spirit that drove Johnny to work towards crossing the finish line of his own accord at a local 5K race in August, 2012. Johnny’s story was featured on ESPN’s “E60” in 2013. Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander was so inspired by Johnny’s story that he has personally invited Johnny to be his guest at tonight’s game.
- Gloves for Kids Autograph Signing: Tigers pitcher Ian Krol will be appearing at the ABC Warehouse in Farmington from 12:00-1:00 p.m. as part of the Gloves for Kids program.
- Game Ball Delivery: The game ball will be delivered by Lieutenant Ryan Zaleski of the United States Navy from Traverse City, Michigan.
- The national anthem will be performed by Renae Murphy.
7/31 – WHITE SOX v. TIGERS – at 1:08 PM ET
- The national anthem will be performed by Lynnae Winnie.
8/1 – ROCKIES v. TIGERS – at 7:08 PM ET
- Ivan “Pudge” Rodriguez Interview: As a kickoff to the 2014 ¡Fiesta Tigres! Activities, fans will have the opportunity to experience an up-close and personal one-on-one interview with Ivan “Pudge” Rodriguez. The interview will take place at 6 p.m. in the Big Cat Court. Rodriguez will be interviewed by MLB.com international reporter, Jesse Sanchez.
- Following the game there will be Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Pepsi (weather permitting).
- Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Raffle: The Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Charity Raffle continues at Comerica Park this season. This weekend, the raffle will take place on Friday and Saturday. The partner charity for this weekend’s 50/50 raffle is the Centro Multicultural La Familia.
- The national anthem will be performed by The Lutheran Choral Aires.
8/2 – ROCKIES v. TIGERS – at 7:08 PM ET
- ¡Fiesta Tigres! Celebration: The Tigers will host the ninth annual ¡Fiesta Tigres! celebration, sponsored by Miller Lite, to recognize and honor the contributions of Hispanic and Latino players to the game of baseball. Current Tigers players with Hispanic or Latino heritage will be honored as part of the ¡Fiesta Tigres! Celebration. In addition, the Tigers will host Ivan “Pudge” Rodriguez, a member of the 2006 Detroit Tigers World Series team, who will be honored in a special pregame ceremony and will throw out a ceremonial first pitch. ¡Fiesta Tigres! Will feature live entertainment on the concourse from traditional Mexican Ballet Folklorico, Moyocoyani Izel and Raices Mexicanas de Detroit dance groups, Samba 1 Brazilian Dance Group from Chicago, live salsa and merengue band Orquesta Sensacional, Cuban Jazz by Tumbao Bravo, premiere guitar duo Los Primos, DJ Tony Toca spinning the latest reggeton, bachata and a variety of Spanish hits, Mariachi Gallos de Oro and Mariachi Juvenil. Returning to ¡Fiesta Tigres! In 2014, the Tigers will wear a special alternate uniform with the Spanish translation of “Tigers” on the chest.
- The first 15,000 fans 21-and-older will receive an Ivan ‘Pudge’ Rodriguez Collectible Figurine, courtesy of Miller Lite.
- Following the game there will be Saturday Night Fireworks, presented by Pepsi (weather permitting).
- The national anthem will be performed by Jessica Hernandez.
8/3 – ROCKIES v. TIGERS – at 1:08 PM ET
- All kids 14-and-under will receive a PAWS “Pop-Out” Figurine, courtesy of FOX-2.
- First Pitch: A ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by brothers Hunter and Braden Gandee from Temperance, Michigan. Hunter, an 8th grader, raised national awareness for cerebral palsy, a movement disorder that Braden was born with by successfully walking 40 miles over two days with Braden, 7, strapped to his back, a highway walk Hunter dubbed the “Cerebral Palsy Swagger.”
- All Sunday home games are Kids Days at Comerica Park. All kids 14-and-younger will receive a free promotional item as part of the “Every Kid, Every Sunday” giveaway guarantee, can enjoy free rides courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, can take part in free face painting, have the chance to win a Fisher Price mini-Corvette and are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases courtesy of Aquafina following the game, weather permitting.
- The national anthem will be performed by 11-year-old Brooklyn Stack.
UPCOMING SPECIAL TICKET PACKAGES:
DYNAMIC DEALS ALL SUMMER:
New for 2014, the Tigers are offering “Dynamic Deals” for select games this summer. Fans can enjoy discounts on tickets to see the Tigers battle their AL Central Division rivals at home. Get more information at tigers.com/tickets