Results tagged ‘ TigerFest ’
DETROIT – Detroit Tigers players and coaches return to Comerica Park on Saturday, January 25 to take part in the 19th annual TigerFest. Fans can purchase tickets for Detroit’s annual winter baseball event on Friday, December 13 beginning at 10 a.m. on tigers.com/tigerfest or by calling 866-66-TIGER.
TigerFest will take place from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. The cost of admission, which includes all TigerFest attractions, is $25 for adults and $14 for kids 12-and-under. All fans will receive a TigerFest branded t-shirt upon entry.
Event Activities for all Fans:
- Autograph booths featuring current Tigers players and coaches, including one kids-only line.
- Main stage, featuring updates on the 2014 season by Tigers players, coaches, and members of the front office, including a special “Fan Conference” Q & A Session.
- Tigers player photo area, located in the visitors clubhouse, where fans can take pictures with Tigers players.
- Self-guided tour through the Tigers Home Clubhouse, including an archival display featuring historical baseball artifacts.
- Take batting practice in an underground batting tunnel.
- Visitors dugout will be open for fans to visit and take photos.
- Self-guided tour, which includes stops in the Ernie Harwell Media Center, luxury suite, the ChampionsClub, and select Detroit Tigers executive offices.
- Detroit Tigers ice sculptures, including LIVE sculpting demonstrations by Ice Sculpture Ltd..
- David Chandler and the staff from Chandler Bats will operate an authentic bat lathe and provide LIVE baseball bat carving demonstrations all day.
- Learn more about Detroit Tigers season and group ticket plans, Fantasy Camps and experiences, and official Detroit Tigers Spring Training Vacations.
- Detroit Tigers Authentics featuring one-of-a-kind authentic signed items and game-used memorabilia.
- Unique Tigers items at the Tigers Foundation Fire Sale.
Event Activities for Children:
The Detroit Tigers Kids Zone featuring:
- Kids-Only autograph booth
- Miniature Comerica Park stage hosted by Radio Disney personalities and featuring Tigers player book readings, games and interactive activities. Special bleacher seating is available for parents and kids.
- Free face painting and caricatures
- Baseball-themed games and activities for kids
- Video game bullpen
- Official 2014 Kids Club enrollment
Additional information, including players scheduled to appear, will be announced in early January. For further details and the latest updates, visit tigers.com/tigerfest.
Most access areas within the event will be heated and covered; however, the Tigers encourage all fans to dress according to the weather as some passageways are not be protected from seasonal elements.
Welcome to the off season Tigers fans. The Detroit Tigers are in the midst of planning the 2011 season. The off season is often as busy as the regular season in the front office. There will be no resting here!
Over the past few weeks the ballpark has been prepared for the winter months. The concession stands have been put into storage and put away, clubhouse is being cleaned out, and the field is being primed for the blanket of snow that will soon coat it.
The Carousel wrapped up in shrink wrap to protect it in the cold winter months/
Mickey Mouse wrapped in shrink wrap.
Priming the field.
The concession stands line the service level underneath the park for the winer.
The promotions department is creating new and exciting events for next year and the successful events from 2010 are being built upon. The marketing department is hard at work developing ideas and materials for fans including the 2011 pocket schedule. Sponsors are being confirmed, merchandise is being designed and players are being signed. http://bit.ly/aSZ82O
Six months until Opening Day might seem like a long way from now, but rest assured, we will keep you in the loop. The 2011 Winter Caravan and TigerFest are only two months away. Several potential Winter Caravan stops are being visited next week! As we get closer to Caravan check out tigers.com to see where the team will be stopping. Below are links to the photo galleries from last years winter Caravan